The battle rages between my mind, my heart and my fingers as I sit here ready to type. Three blog posts started, words flowing, fingers flying across the keys. One click is all it would take. In that moment, finger hovering over the button, the arrow floating above the word, ‘Publish’. My heart says yes. My mind says no. My finger, waits.
And so I ask, What Would You Do?
Or even better, What Would You Tell Me To Do?
I am compelled to post so many thoughts, truths of my past, current happenings, many of which would reveal circumstances that some would prefer left unknown.
What holds me back:
- A desire not to hurt those I love, who while related, are themselves innocent.
- Fear of retaliation. Until now (if I do this), I have ignored, not engaged with my abuser.
- I know my abuser follows this blog, my business and author facebook pages.
Why am I compelled to write about these things:
- I believe my purpose is to use my story, my past, my present, all I have lived through to help others be able to speak, speak out against abuse.
- A survivor of domestic violence I cannot be silent.
- I believe if something is Not Okay, we have an obligation to say so.
- My abuser thinks if he hides behind the internet, pseudo names, he can continue to get away with abuse.
What do I want to do:
- Speak the truth
- Reveal the past
- Expose my abuser and all he has done and continues to do.
To live up to what I say and believe, That is NOT OKAY! To take a stand for myself and for others like me. To put a stop to abuse. One life,one post, at a time.
So, my question is, What would you do?